Dont forget there was another riot at WVU after they beat Baylor.
Thugs rioting over a football game. But lets see if the news even reports this riot. But then again, their behavior will be excused because rioting is justified when its a football game compared to peacefully protesting for the shooting of an unarmed Black person
Can’t get nightmares if I don’t sleep at night, right?
|—||Sylvia Plath, 7 November 1959, The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath (via radsadnspooky)|
Fox News shocked that Harvard students think the US is a greater threat to world peace than ISIS. Students who don’t agree with Fox are ‘twisted’, elitist and wrong apparently.
"campus reform" apparently now means "align campuses with US imperialism"
I like how people act like you can’t be racist and sleep with a person of color as if misogynists don’t sleep with women all the time
An illegal inmate tattoo reading “Katie’s Revenge” on the forehead of convicted rapist and murderer Anthony Ray Stockelman.
The tattoo was forcibly given to Stockelman while in prison by another inmate after learning that he had raped and murdered 10-year-old Katie Collman.
Please do this to every rapist with disease infected needles.
DO YOU KNOW ABOUT BLACK TULSA? IF NOT… WHY NOT?
This horrific incident has been well documented, everywhere: from YouTube videos of survivor interviews to PBS Lesson Plans for school teachers. Please do your Google diligence:
- From May 30 to June 1, 1921, white citizens of Tulsa bombed burned and shot up the “Little Africa” section of Tulsa FOR 18 HOURS STRAIGHT
- Why would they do that? That same old lame excuse, a Black man supposedly did something to a white woman. But the real reason was ECONOMIC JEALOUSY. Whites may have called it Little Africa derisively, but there is a reason that Black Tulsa is known as Black Wall Street
- In addition to the 300 Blacks killed, and over 1,000 residential homes burned to the ground, also destroyed were:
- The Mt. Zion Baptist Church and five other churches; the Gurley Hotel, Red Wing Hotel, and Midway Hotel; the Tulsa Star and Oklahoma Sun newspaper offices; Dunbar Elementary School; Osborne Monroe’s Roller-Skating Rink; the East End Feed Store; the Y.M.C.A. Cleaners; the Dreamland Theater; a drug store, barbershop, banquet hall, several grocery stores, dentists, lawyers, doctors, and realtors offices; a U.S. Post Office Substation, as well the all-black Frissell Memorial Hospital. All told, marauding gangs of savage whites destroyed 40-square-blocks of Black economic and entrepreneurial prosperity!
64 years after the first bombing of an American city was committed against the Black residents of Tulsa… the second bombing of an American city took place in Philadelphia when the city bombed the black members of the MOVE organization. (see the blackourstory archive for details).
Isn’t it a shame that 76 after the bombing of Tulsa, when Timothy McVeigh blew up the Murrah Federal Office Building in Oklahoma City, most historically illiterate Americans - including American “journalists” - responded as if it were the first time such a horror had been visited on Oklahoma. If only we knew.
While there are many lessons to be drawn from this, a few questions that stick out to me are these:
- If the answer to Black second-class treatment from whites in America is supposedly to become the ultimate American capitalists…the ‘model minorities’… how do you explain Tulsa 1921?
- For those Black folk who think that the sole answer to Black people’s problems is simply more Blacks becoming business owners and more Blacks spending money with other Blacks… how did that work out for our people in Tulsa in ‘21?
- Considering not only Tulsa, but Rosewood, Florida, and many other thriving all-Black towns that you may know of that all met the same fate at the hands of murderous, envious, lazy crackers… WHEN ARE WE GOING TO ACKNOWLEDGE AND TAKE SERIOUSLY THE IDEA THAT BLACK WEALTH (ESPECIALLY ALL-BLACK WEALTH) WILL NEED TO BE PROTECTED WITH PHYSICAL FORCE?
There is a reason that Marcus Garvey AND Elijah Muhammad had armies of trained Black men as a huge part of their organizations. Many of us Black folk took those great men as jokes, yet NO BLACK LEADERS SINCE THOSE TWO have reached the same heights of economic and ideological success and unity of Black people.
Not only do we need to LEARN THIS HISTORY, we need to start taking these events men and movements MORE SERIOUSLY, and doing some CRITICAL HISTORICAL ANALYSIS if we are ever to stop being on the bottom rung of every metric in American life. Not just some casual or accidental reading of history; some CRITICAL. HISTORICAL. ANALYSIS.
We’ve had many examples before us, but were often too undisciplined or brainwashed or lazy to follow them. Shame on us. If even one-fourth of the people who claimed to love Brother Malcolm in his day had at least one-tenth of Malcolm’s discipline, he might not have needed to hire an FBI Agent named Gene Roberts whom he didn’t have time to scrutinize properly beforehand, because all the Black folks who gassed him up to leave the Nation of Islam and who joined Brother Malcolm’s MMI were too damned undisciplined and untrained IN ANYTHING USEFUL TO PROTECTING BLACK PEOPLE to even serve as proper security for him. Read it again, in context of this entire post, and let it marinate.
AMERICA NEEDS TO PAY US WHAT THEY OWE FOR ALL OF THIS TORTURE ROBBERY AND MURDER that they’ve visited on us since they brought our people here as captives and bred us for profit.
TULSA 1921 was real. PHILLY 1985 was real. Will it happen again?
EACH ONE. TEACH ONE!
Another flag burns.#shawshooting
holy shit. no noo no no no i do NOT care the cause, i don’t CARE what the supreme court says you do NOT fucking burn the flag what the FUCK is your problem. disrespectful bags of shit oh my GOD
That thing where a certain group of people are more outraged over a piece of polysynthetic fiber than the horrific loss of Black life in this country.
Burn all the flags and then burn all the cops
The thing about burning the flag is, its completely legal.
You know what’s not legal? Killing unarmed innocent people
Burn them all
*cop murders yet another black kid*
white people: w/e
*angry protesters burn the flag of a country built on and supported by systematic oppression*
white people: WELL HONKY TONK DIDDLY DARN WHAT THE HECKAROO IS THIS DISRESPECT OF THOSE WHO GAVE YOU FREEDOM??? *shouts slurs* *fucks the confederate flag*
Reasons abortion should be fully covered on all insurance plans:
- If you can’t afford an abortion, you definitely can’t afford a pregnancy
- If you can’t afford an abortion, and are forced to carry a pregnancy to term anyway, you sure as hell can’t afford a child
Who the fuck do you think you’re really protecting here?
The sight from Grand Canyon National Park’s Bright Angel Point overwhelms the senses. Located on the North Rim, Bright Angel Point puts you at the edge of the Grand Canyon’s vast scenery and offers some of the best views.
Do you ever ‘wtf white people’ even though you are a white people.